Lihue | Kauai
Stay At Home Healthcare Services, located on the island of Kauai, offers home health care treatments by health professionals that are as effective as those provided in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
We offer comprehensive skilled care services in the following areas:
Experienced Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) manage, observe and evaluate patient care. They teach the patient and caregivers about diabetes care, medications and provide wound care and other medical/surgical nursing needs.
Physical & Occupational Therapy
Licensed Physical and Occupational Therapists provide rehabilitation services in the home and help ensure that safety measures are in place.
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech and Language Pathologists provide therapy for patients with speech-related or swallowing problems.
Home Health Aide Support
Under the direction of a Case Manager, Home Health Aides assist with non-medical personal care such as bathing.
Chores, errands, housekeeping, cooking, companionship.
Clinical Social Services
Licensed Social workers provide emotional/social assessment, short-term counseling and community resource planning and information.
Licensed dieticians provide advice, information and guidance related to nutrition and dietary needs.
We provide support to individuals who wish to stay at home and may need home health care due to having:
- A hospitalization for a recent acute episode
- A recent injury due to an accident or surgery
- Complications from multiple diagnoses
- A high-risk disorder with frequent hospitalizations
- To live alone without any outside support
- Treatments requiring ongoing care such as catheter changes or tube feeding
- A need to monitor chronic problems by a professional
- The need for administration of special medications intravenously or by injection
Am I Eligible for Services?
Eligibility is determined by the following criteria:
- You must be under the care of a physician and receiving services according to a plan of treatment
- Your physician certifies that you need one or more of the following services: skilled nursing, physical or occupational therapy, or speech lagnauge pathology therapy
- Your doctor certifies that you are homebound, i.e., that leaving your home is not recommended or that you have difficulty leaving your home without assistance.
How Do I Obtain Services?
Your physician or hospital discharge planner can call us. We will first review and verify your eligibility for service. We will send a registered nurse or physical therapist to evaluate your health and needs. We will develop a plan of care with you and your doctor to decide the types of service and care needed. We will assign a Case Manager to coordinate services provided to you.
Please contact us for additional information.